Friday, March 10, 2017

The Catch Up Post Part Deux

With the legionnaire infantry complete, I was able to move on to some fun command figures this week. 

I was able to complete 5 command figures for my Caesarian Romans.  They are from a mix of manufactures.  The mounted standard bearer is from first corps.  


The Imperator figure on the white horse is from Warlord Games.   I really enjoy the figure although his right arm in the 'hailing" position did  give me trouble when trying to glue it.   I may be re-basing him on a larger base to resist the temptation of picking him up by his arm.
Since I am complaining,  the mounted standard bearer's standard is about 2 millimeters too tall to fit in the box I have set aside for them!


The portly Legate on the right is perhaps of of my favorite figures of all time. Not only have he had a few too many door mice he also has a bald spot.  I love it when miniatures manufactures add these type of "real" characters.    Not every roman general looked like Russell Crowe.


Finally a close up of the third Legate.   


With the Roman leadership taken care of I decided to push on and add some Numidian Light horse allies. The Numidians are a mix of Wargames Foundry, Warlord Games and Navigator.  I think they mix fairly well although the Navigator horses are not very attractive they do add character to the unit.
 


Here are some close ups.  The skin tone was a challenge and I am not completely happy with the results.   I have another 10 or so Numidian light horse to paint so I may try a different process.
 


This week I was able to complete 25-28mm cavalry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment