Monday, November 21, 2016

Out of Hibernation

Despite the total lack of posts here gaming and painting have been in full swing.    Since the Painting Challenge is just around the corner I figured I had better blow the dust off this blog and see if I still remembered how to type.

I am pretty excited about the Painting Challenge.  Last year was my first year participating and I had a blast.  The community is amazing not to mention the motivation to paint the challenge provides.  

Last year I was able to paint about 200 WWI French and Germans. Of course in the middle of the challenge I took a 3 week break to make terrain boards (not the best plan).    This year I will be trying to more than double my painting output.  I am going to focus on Romans and Ponts.   My goal is to complete two armies and run a game at Cold Wars in March. Which should work well since the painting challenge runs from December 20th to March 20th

The rules of the challenge allow participants to prime and assemble figures before the start date but no painting can occur until the start on December 20th.    I will post some pictures of the process leading up to the challenge.  At this point I think I have gone through 4 cans of spray primer!

Check out the rules for this year and the posts from last year at

The Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge



No comments:

Post a Comment